1. Favorite exercise or W.O.D?
Favorite exercise is power cleans, favorite W.O.D is any super long Chipper.
2. Least favorite exercise and/or W.O.D?
Least favorite exercise is Thrusters. Least favorite W.O.D is Karen (150 wall-balls).
3. Hobbies outside of CrossFit?
Boating, water-sports, downhill Skiing, hockey, hiking, movies, hanging with friends and family.
4. You are stuck on an island with one barbell and one song playing in background. Which
movement would you choose (only one), and which song would you play?
I would do the Bear Complex, while Renegades of Funk by Rage Against the Machine is playing in the background.
5. Favorite cheat meal/food?
Famoso Pizza, beer and gelato.
6. Favorite thing about CrossFit?
The sense of community and camaraderie. Its truly an encouraging and inspiring environment.
7. Favorite quote?
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” Wayne Gretzky.
“Strive not to be success, but rather to be of value.” Albert Einstein.
8. Role model or person(s) of inspiration?
My Mother and Father. My mother for her genuine kindness and commitment to help others. My father for his work ethic and his ability to easily re-invent and adapt to change.
9. Advice for new people to CrossFit or thinking of trying CrossFit?
CrossFit is a very encouraging and welcoming community and despite many perceived misconceptions isn’t just designed for top level Athletes. CrossFit truly can be for everyone. Workouts, weights, time etc. can all be scaled to suit various different individuals with different abilities. It is challenging, both mentally and physically, this is why it’s effective. Although it’s also a lot of fun! Come in with a good attitude and give it a shot, I’m sure you will not be disappointed.